So many trees burning, it hurts to see life in any form burn. It heats our bodies by the heat so produced. On many places on Earth the clouds are bursting. These two issues land to same problem- climate change and how to live with it, till it is in control.
Firstly, what else should be done for wild fires till processed / natural water from seas reach all the forests, dry, hot, needy places on globe? Today it is there, tomorrow it can be in your place too! What can we all do to help climate? Well, it is a joint team work of:
- Forest Sciences Experts
- Climatologist Experts
- Landscape Architects Experts, and
- Water Systems Experts
And this is for experts across globe should sit and plan in their forests. As who knows which forest is next to burn?
The heat is here, climate change is here. How can we stop trees, a natural resource of Earth burn like this? How? And it effects so many animals, birds and even humans too. Extreme climates are not good for health and body of any living being on Earth.
Well, the stake holders in various countries should plan the following steps.
- Calculate green forest area. And aim is to retain forest area inch by inch as forest area only. Only thing needed is some segment creation, to stop fires from crossing segments with the help of separation by natural fresh green plants, grasses and herbs of the same region. The fire should not pass on fire to next segment.
- I think one needs to put natural dividers in forests. A natural divider is defined as a nature-filled space between two natural entities. This space can be an empty land, a grassed land, a place to grow herbs and flowers of forests, to keep the forest as a forest and at the same time making sure the fire does not spread to other parts, in case one emerges in a segment of forest. The natural dividers won’t stop animals in forests from crossing from one segment to another and flora, fauna of the soil shall flourish at same rate.
- Digging of water drainage systems, to be a natural divider, and at same time, help in draining extra water from cloud bursts, floods and other natural calamities. In peaceful time this digged canal can be used as the supplier of water in forests and in hot times can help regulate weather of the area, by controlling the water content of the space.
- This will make it accountable the number of trees in forests, kind of wildlife, the age of tree apart from other things. Other things include, the flourishing ability of forests. What is a flourishing forest? A forest that is able to meet its flora and fauna of all kinds is a flourished forest. What happens is sometime a weed over grows and if not helped a useful herb may get extinct. This herb may be a food to a bird or a delicious thing for a deer in the forest. One needs to keep a check on all these things as a forest scientist. Why this is mentioned here, is while planning the forest monitoring rooms in the dividers one must keep this point in mind too.
- Why landscape architects and water system experts are needed, as plan for future, not just a quick fix. For certain forest officials shall be on duty at times for checking forest flora and fauna balance. Their route to forests, and invigilation things must be thought of. How and where?
- Climatologist need to help exterior architects and water system experts to plan, the full process of climate-based studies, how evaporation happens, how to control the moisture levels in forests. As it is heat today, tomorrow it may be snow, and one need to protect forest from excess water and snow, flooding, proper system and drainage have to be installed in planned segments from a futuristic viewpoint.
Plan for future, when we all know climate change is here.
The task of experts:
- To decide the area of forest that shall come in one natural divider.
- The area that shall be in monitoring rooms in these dividers, to track tree, small plants that gets covered up by bigger ones, their safety and animal.
- This shall also take care of forest wood stealing as well as animal safety from poachers.
- The key aim is to save forest from fires and retaining the specialties of that land, be it animals, plants, tree or birds.
To answer this one must also look at which are the hottest places on Earth and what measure they do to avoid wildfires and take help from them.
Now, flash floods and cloud bursts, same logic applies to them to, but in cities, we shall have segments of living areas separated by dividers which can handle excess water and help in drainage of these systems. These should be included in city plans and landscape architects should sit with climatologists for the same. As the experts need to talk out how to control all this and create a balance. This would save lot of loses caused by flooding by these causes. Water exit points should be made, as I referred to in previous blogs.